Sunday, November 8, 2009

Our Big Little School Girl


We enrolled Emery in preschool this fall. She is only 3, but she seemed plenty ready and Benj and I thought she could use a little social time away from her parents...as well as perhaps get a head-start on her letters and such.

Thanks to my dear friend Stacey, we found THEE PERFECT PRESCHOOL. (<---That's not the actually name. It's Smarty Pants Preschool, if you want to know.) Emers goes twice a week for a few hours and loves every second of it.

I have been SO impressed with the teacher and the things that she does with these kids! Her teaching system is perfect for 3 and 4 year olds. They do "centers" each day that allow them to do activities they enjoy while learning at the same time. As an extra bonus for us parentals, Teacher Jaclyn maintains a website where she blogs about the things they are doing each day in class, and posts pictures too! Emery absolutely LOVES going to school and is learning so much! Here are some picture that I have taken myself...(and taken from the blog...by myself.)


The LETTER "Ee" is Emery's favorite letter. (Who would have guessed?) In class they made elephant ears.


Singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."


Their first field-trip was at the Treehouse Museum. Emery and Avery were workin' hard to get the barn fixed up!


Emery got to be the "EVIL TROLL" (in her words) in the puppet show.

Makin' muffins at the Treehouse


On their field trip to the Roy Fire Station the kids got to wear "official" firemen hats and explore the firetrucks and the ambulance.

Our "Mean Witch" at the Halloween program. The kids told us a Halloween story and sang some spooky songs to all the parents. We were very proud!

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Preschool is so fun, I'm glad she's having such a fun year. Thanks your the fun update.

Erin said...

SO cool! I want a neat preschool here...for 2-yr.-olds. I guess nursery will do for now. :( That's awesome, Emery is such a cutie.

Lindsay said...

Oh I'm very proud of little Emes! I'm glad she's loving it - she's got a long road ahead of her!

April and Jared Fenn said...

oh so cute! She and Logan should hook up sometime. I'm putting Logan in a Preschool starting in January (yeah, he's only 2 1/2 but what the heck).

Sierra said...

That is so cute! She is such a smart little girl, I'm not surprised :-0

Stacey said...

Yay! for smarty pants preschool and our cute girls. So glad she loves school! It is so much fun to see how much they are learning.

Ticey said...

Glad to see a post girlie :) Keep 'em coming - your kiddo's are darling!