We put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. I am always SOoO excited to put up the tree...until I actually start doing it. Then I remember what a PAIN it is. Putting up and decorating the thing is quite a process--especially when I have such great "helpers."
OOpsies. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.
Emery has always loved to color and this month she has started perfecting her drawing skills. When I was at work one day I got a picture message from Ben. He sent me a picture of this:
It is Emery's latest work of art, entitled "WHEN DADDY GETS MAD AT ME." She is an amazing artist. I don't think I could have done better myself!
On December 18th-ish my place of employment had a big Christmas blood drive on the 21st Floor of the Wells Fargo Building. It is normally extremely busy, but this year not so much. I guess no one felt like donatin'. During some of our down time, I snapped a few pictures with my cellular phone. I am very lucky to be able to work with one of my best friends, Miss Hollie Noel. ACTUALLY, she is very lucky to be able to work with ME.
This is my co-worker Janae. She is very afraid in this pic because she thought that Hollie was going to draw her blood. After this picture was taken, she realized it was me who would be sticking her and she calmed right down. I am AM-AZ-ING with a needle. Believe me.
Emes was super excited about the snow this year. Grandma and Grandpa Toller bought her some cute new snow boots and she spent a lot of time crunching around in the front yard.
She has also developed some sort of obsession with throwing snowballs at me. EVERY time we go outside to get in the car she throws snow at me as I am trying to put Carden in his carseat!
This is another picture message I received while at work. Ben and Emes made this adorable snowman...and then proceeded to shoot the crap out of it with their air-soft sniper rifles. There's nothing like Father-Daughter activities at our house!
On a more serious note, Emery had to spend a night in the hospital a couple of weeks ago. She started throwing-up one morning and couldn't keep ANYTHING down. By the middle of the day it was obvious to us that this was beyond just a little flu and we took her to the doctor. He took one look at her and told us she was severely dehydrated and needed to spend the night getting IV fluids. It was horible to have to see my normally happy little girl pale and laying in a hospial bed, but I am incredibally thankful that we have access to hospitals and doctors who can help us when we need them!
She was heartbroken about her "pokes" by she was such a good sport!
By the next day she was back to her crazy, joyful self and we were ready to go home!
It was an extra happy day for me because not only was Emery good as new, it was also my BIRTHDAY! Ben and Emers made me this lovely cake and Cardie and Emes helped me blow out the candles.
Growing up, it has been a tradition for us to get new jammies on Christmas Eve. I managed to find semi-matching pajamas for Carden and Emery. Awwww! Cute, huh! I love these two little people with all my hearT!
after spending Chrismas Eve at my parents house we headed home to go to bed so that Santa could come. I snapped this picture as "Santa" was putting out the presents. Again, I neglected to take a picture of the final product. I am not a good picture-taker but you get the idea.
Christmas morning was WAY fun. Emery is a professional present un-wrapper and was generous enough to help Carden and me and Ben open our presents as well as her own.
She got LOTS of good stuff, including TWO baby dolls, a Wall-e table and chairs, lots of cooking toys, cars, clothes, PlayDough and such.
C-Money also got lots of toys and clothes and a Penguin.
AND NOW we have finally reached New Years Eve...except I don't have any picture of New Years Eve because it was an uneventful evening. Emery looses all sanity when she is tired so there was NO WAY we were going to let her even attempt to stay up. We visited with the Toller Family and then went home and went to sleep. Whoo Hoo. BUT today, (New Years Day) we went over to the Elmer Residence and played a rousing game of Dodgeball with my family and Ben's brothers. It was a good time.
Emery isn't really into our dodgeball tournaments yet but she loves to hang out with her Mikayla, and LOVES to ride the "4-Rider" with Grandpa!
So there ya have it.
I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season and I wish everyone an amazing New Year!
10 comments:
You have a cute family! Poor Emery in the hospital, I would freak out cause thats what I do best. I thought you were done working?!?! Can't get enough of Larry, I guess. Go UTES! I will be cheering for your team tonight. Your welcome!!
Wow that was a looo....ng post. You have some cute kids, but I think you already know that. Happy New Years!
P.S. did you get the package I sent you?
Looks like the Toller house has been busy the past month!! I'm sorry Emery had to go to the hospital but I'm glad to hear she is doing better!! Your kids are darling!!
I'm glad you guys FINALLY started blogging again. We thought you died. I'm sad to hear about Emery. Logan has been sick for about a week and we're going out of our minds. I'm happy she's ok. You guys have a super darling fam. Let's play sometime.
Looks like you guys had a great month! I love the holidays when you get to see everyone! It was fun going to dinner!
Poor Emery! She is braver than I would have been at the hospital... She makes me laugh. These are such cute pictures. I can't believe how big Carden is already. You're a fun mom and Ben is a great dad!
Oh cute family! I like you guys!
I LUV it! I especially love the picture Emery drew...how insightful! It was fun getting together over the holidays...I miss you! It was also fun singing together just like old times...we will have to keep that up!
It looks like you four had a great holiday! Emery is soo cute, she's such a fun girl, I'm happy to hear that she's feeling better.
Oh and Happy Birthday Emery!
You know i love the tollers family:) and Emes drawing is histerical:) what a cutie..and that carden..boy those eyes are sooo purdy!! Nice decemberrrr post...it makes me sad inside that emes got sick like that...i dont like seeing her in the hospital bed all sickly:( boo...but im glad it passed quickly...had super fun last night at your casa btw...we need more days like this:)
Post a Comment