We TOTALLY lucked out and were given two tickets to the BYU/UTah game on Saturday. (THANK YOU SO MUCH, JUSTIN! We would give you our firstborn if we weren't so attached to her!)
We were STOKED just to be able to GO to the game- but after we got to the stadium, things got even better: we ended up being able to sit on the 9TH ROW, on about the 10 yard line--pretty awesome seats, if you ask me. This is picture shows how close to the field we were. I didn't zoom in:

If you know Ben, you know that he takes his Utah games VERY SERIOUSLY. He didn't sleep for 3 nights before the game. I LoVe to watch him get all riled up! It wasn't just Benji tho-- EVERYONE was going NUTS. Everyone was on their feet for the entire game and after each good play, Ben was jumpin' around and giving everyone 5....


Inbetween plays, they presented an award to someone...I'm not sure what it for....something having to do with Subway, I assume, because that is Jared the Subway Guy on the left.


In case you didn't know, the Utes kicked BYU's T-rash! With just a few seconds left on the clock, everyone started rushing the field. Ben looked over at me and said, "I've always wanted to rush the field after a game..." I said, "Let's do it!" So, we did.

We we watched the team accept the Conference Championship trophy and then enjoyed being around all the drunk fans as they celebrated. As we were wandering around the field, we ran into a few people you may recognize:

This is Swoop. Ben almost named Carden after him: "Carden Swoop Toller." I'm serious. Before we he was born, we really did talk about naming him after Utah's mascott. Dorky, I know. (FYI, we didn't really do it. Cardie's middle name is "Scott.")
This guy had better look familiar to ya'll:


Yes, this is kinda blasphemous, but SERIOUSLY, you have to admit these are some of the sweetest pictures EVER. When I showed this pic to my little brother Michael, he said, "Holy Crap! Is that really Jesus?" Jace's girlfriend Jan said, "Yeah, he decided to come down for the game..." I know I would!

So anyway, that is my story. We had a BLAST and can't wait for the bowl game. GO UTES!
10 comments:
Those are some great pix. You guys are some crazy Utes fans. What did you tell Emery about Jesus being at the game?
JAMES TOWN..how funny...i allready told you how funny it was that you ran into JESUS..JESUS? who runs into JESUS these days?? haha..i love that all the fans are surrounding a few of the byu players..i bet they felt pretty lame..haha!! im super jelous you guys got to go, but i am glad at least some of us could go!! YAY!!GO UTES!!
YAY UTES!!! By the way, you look like a midget next to Jesus...just thought I'd share! It was so much fun to see you all last weekend! Can't wait til Jodi's shower so we can hang out again!
Rory would be jealous! Those are some cool pics!
Wasn't that game Awesome!?
I'm sad I didnt run into you guys there. But your seats were WAY better than mine.
YAY UTES! SugarBowl!
I was glad you went cuz then we got to play with Emery! Ben is so crazy... it makes me smile :-)
Looks like you guys had fun at the game! To bad the good team lost!
Aren't you supposed to be cheering for Weber?? I'm a Ute Alumni so that means I'm a Ute and you're a Wildcat. meow :) Love the pics- you two look like a couple of High School kids. When are we gonna go eat some pupusas?
That looks like such a great time!
Are you ready for some "Crimson Tide"? Not even UT Jesus can stop the "Roll Tide", be afraid! Go Bama!!!
Post a Comment