Monday, October 27, 2008

Wecome to the World's Longest Post!

Guess who had a busy, fun-filled weekend....Give up? It's ME!! I am LOVIN' this fall weather and the festivities surrounding the upcoming Halloween HOLIDAY. I feel like I might even want to dress up this year. We'll get into that later...


FIRST of all, on Friday evening we went to Gardner Village with Ben's mothe, Liz, Justin and Riley. I know that many of you have been there before BUT have any of you been there on the "WITCHES NIGHT OUT??" Dude! We have all been missing out!

I imagined we would just spend an hour or two walking around visiting all the little shops and looking at the cute witches they have on display. TURNS OUT that every year on this particular evening all the cool people in Utah come to Gardner Village to shop, eat and hang out dressed as WITCHES. There were literally HUNDREDS of ladies: moms, grandmas, little girls and babies all dressed in their witch-ish attire. It was so fun to see everyone decked out in their different costumes and having a good time. We clueless peeps felt left out in normal clothes.

NEXT YEAR, I am going back to The Village dressed as a freaking witch and I want all of you to come with me! In the meantime, here are the pictures:


Emery and G-Ma Toller


Cardie-Boy isn't sure what's goin on...

Cute little Riley sportin' an ATTITUDE


Emery tryin to fit in with the crowd

The Family Portrait

A couple of friendly witches felt bad for me and Liz and let us borrow their hats. Next year we'll remember to bring our own!

Oh, I forgot to mention the PETTING ZOO! Emery finally got to ride a horse (her life-long dream,) And we got to watch this SEXY Witch lead a herd of horses around in circles, which was Ben's life-long dream. Ha ha!
Then, as if that wasn't fun enough-
Em's had the opportunity to pet a pig, a goat and a sheep. Who doesn't love to pet a pig, honestly!

On Saturday we decided to meet up with the Elmer Fam and spend one last night at Lagoon--FRIGHTMARES to be exact. We bundled up the babes and met up with my mothe, Ana, Mikay, Mike, Riah and even JACE! (Yes, miracles do happen.)


Awwww! I love these boys!


Emery and Mikayla are best friends.

Hitchin a ride from Daddy-O.


Emmie's scared face!

Cardie's "alarmed" face.


Ana needs to work on her scared face...as does Benjamin


And we're just happy to have Jace along!


And that brings us to Sunday. We switch off and visit our parents every other Sunday. It was the Toller’s turn this week, and we had a little pre-Halloween Shin-dig. We ate some delicious soup: Jean’s famous potato soup and Ben’s delicious chili. (Ben makes a heavenly chili. I should have taken a picture, dang it!)

Following dinner, we had our annual Cookie Decorating Contest. This is something that Ben and his bros look forward to every year . It is fun to watch this group of siblings come up with new and exciting ways to decorate pumpkin and ghost sugar cookies. The competition is intense, and usually things get a little out of hand…(somebody decides to make an “anatomically correct” ghost and then it goes downhill from there,) but it’s a good time.


Ben and Justin getting their cookie-making grooves on!


Look at the concentration on everyones' faces!
The Goods:


This year's cookies included a Cartman, Santa, and a gynecologist. I also appreciated Ben's rendition of a Ghost Ninja.
I vote Paer's creation as the most uhh...creative.

NOTE TO STEVE AND JENNI: I just want you to know that the whole time this event was taking place everyone was reminiscing about Steve's mad cooking-decoration skills. We missed you guys!



QUESTION: Who do I resemble in this picture??????????????ANSWER: Satan.
You know it's true. If I had horns...


Speaking of...here is Adam's scared face.


Riley and Carden's Halloween get-ups. Do you love that bee costume?


AND last, but not least: Me and my Babies.

Whew! That was quite the adventure! PROPS for making it through that entire post!

We hope everyone has a fun and safe HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!! Until next time.....

13 comments:

C and C Young said...

JEALOUS--my weekend was LAME compared to yours...if you ever want to go to GV again give me a call...we live just 10 glorious minutes away!

Lindsay said...

Really? Wanna know what I did? No, you don't. Looks like a bundle of fun! Never a dull moment with the Tollers/Elmers! I love the cookies - they were pretty much amazing. And oh how I wish I could experience "Witches Night Out" at Gardners - too bad the maze consumes my life! Maybe one day after the maze retires!

Hollie said...

JAMES...how fah-reaking cute is this post:) i love it!! i sooo want to go to Garndners Village..i have NEVER been up there...after working in slc..i dont like to spend much time up that way-haha..maybe i should take our nieces and nephews!!! i love that kid behind Jace and Emes on the merry-go-round..he seems to be jelous of those to kids-haha..and thee cookies..oh boy..who thinks of a gyno cookie?? did you eat that one??:) James this was a super great post and i loved every second of it!! happy halloween to you too my friend:)

Ticey said...

Wow what a fun filled weekend!! Your weekend is the perfect example of why I love fall!! I never get to go to Gardners Village this time of year because of the maze, so I am totally jealous - but it looked way fun. And wow look at those cookies, I am totally amazed!! Glad you guys had fun :)

The Elders said...

You guys are so much fun! I wish I was in your fam. Seriously, you guys are giving me some great ideas of traditions that i want to start now in my boring family. By the way, you sort of did look like Satan. and you have way cutie patutie (?on spelling?) kids!

Sierra said...

So much fun with two of my favorite families! I miss the Elmers... my long lost family. And never a dull moment at the Toller household! Ha ha

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Look how fun you and your fam are! IT looks like you guys had a great time! I have heard a lot of gun things about witches night out it would be fun to do for club some time! When I am back in Utah!

Jenni said...

how fun. I remember when we used to be part of the Toller Family and would go things like decorate sugar cookies and eat soup..... For some reason we never get invited anymore. whats up with that?

Coby & Ash said...

I love your little family! How awesome was that weekend! I cannot believe how big your siblings are...and gorgeous! Maybe your family should go into the modeling business! Between Mikayla, Ana and Miriah you could make $$MILLIONS$$! I was waiting for a new post-- and you did not disapoint! Thanks!

J&J Binghameez said...

Jamie.. I think you found a new job- kick the witch out, I'm sure Ben would love to see you leading those horses around in that little shin-dig! Really- you have the cutest little family. Good for you in doing all these fun things with them.

The Elders said...

K James, you will never hear this from my actual mouth. But first, I hate the U, I can't stand them. Now that I've made that clear I hope that they beat the Y. Why you might ask? Because if they lose Boise State will be the BCS buster (if they don't lose and this is all prediction) this year. I do not want my beloved Broncos is a BCS bowl game this year. We are not good enough to go in there and face a team like the Sooners again and actually win. So go Utah Utes! i thought that you might like that.

treehugger said...

Hey Ben, just found your blog. Your family looks pretty darn cute.

The Sayamas said...

Wow, that was a long post, but it was fun to read. I LOVE Gardner Village and I have never heard of "withches night out." How fun! Carden is getting so big and he looks so cute and Jamie-you do NOT look like you just had a baby not too long ago! Those cookies turned out funny, what a cute tradition.