Wednesday, March 19, 2008

This week...

I don't really have anything too exciting to blog about...it's been a normal week so far: Ben and I are both busy with work, Ben is working his butt off for school and Emery got some pink Play-Doh stuck up her nose.

Can I just say, I seriously LOVE having a two-year-old! (Well, most of the time, anyway.) Lately, it's been so fun to watch her get excited about little things and to see life from her perspective. For example:



We have been trying to warm Emery to the idea that she will have a new sibling in a few months. She is only two, so I know the concept of "Mommy has a baby in her tummy" is kind of hard to grasp. BUT as my stomach gets bigger, she is becoming more aware that something is going on in there. Every night when I put her to bed, she takes a moment to lift up my shirt and inspect my stomach.

This week Emes has started to show signs that she kind of understands the baby thing...a few nights ago while we were going through her bedtime routine, she touched my belly button and said, "There's a baby in there!" I was so excited to that she was starting to understand! I told her that it was a Baby Boy and after he gets bigger and bigger, we could get him out of my stomach and she could hold him and help Mom and Dad take care of the new baby.

Then, yesterday after work I went to my mom's house to pick up Emery. When she saw me she wanted to show my sister Mariah my bellybutton. She pointed to my stomach and said, "Look Riah! There's a baby lion in there!" That is when I realized she may still be a little confused...

Last night as I was putting Emes to bed again, she had to poke me in the stomach a few times as I was rocking her to sleep. We started discussing the baby subject again. She definitely understands that the baby has to get "bigger and bigger" before he can come out. Only this time she informed me it was a "baby elephant in there," and his name is "Pumba." (I assume she's naming him after the warthog on The Lion King.)

Although I am starting to look like I am carrying an elephant in my stomach, I am going to keep trying to explain to her that she'll be getting a human baby, rather than an elephant or lion. ( I would hate for her to be disappointed.) And in the meantime, the little guy has a new nickname.


6 comments:

Ticey said...

Kids say the darndest things don't they. Hopefully she'll catch on that it is a human. She is darling Jam!! Hope all is going well with your pregnancy!

Hollie said...

Ok can i just say that little emes is the cutest lil thing:) sooo apparently your having a lion and an elephant..congratulations james, why didnt you just tell me this in the first place??! (im chuckling right now because its cute). ps. the pic of her and ben with their "teeth" WOW-that make me chuckle MAJORLY!! what a cute family you have Jam. a cute lil white trash family!! Good job!

JMe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bean said...

Yeah thanks for putting that picture up of me honey. You always like to display me in my best moments dont ya? I was just thinking what if there was a baby lion in ther? That would be freakin awesome! Love ya

Lindsay said...

Pumba, has a nice ring to it I think! You should probably reconsider the whole name thing now! Ps, I doubt you look like you have an elephant growing in your stomach.... but that's just me.

Hollie said...

ps. as i came across this pic again...i really got a lil climpse of her momma...ok so as much as she looks like her daddy...she looks sooo much like you in this pic! finally shes straying away from bens looks...hahaha