Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tag! We're IT!

Lindsay TAGGED Ben and I a few weeks ago, but I have had a really hard time thinking of 7 whole interesting things about myself. To make it a little easier, I have decided to do SEVEN INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT ME, BEN and EMERY. Perhaps you will learn some things you didn’t know…you’ll probably learn a few things you didn’t really want to know :) Here I go:



ONE:
Both Emery and I have misshaped heads. I don’t know what happen to me as a child, but the crown of my head is flat. If I tilt my head forward, you can set a cup on it. Emery was born with a big dent on left side of her head. It turns out that she has what is called “Faulty Fetal Packing.” Basically, when she was developing inside of my uterus, she must have spent an extended amount of time against my pelvic bone and her skull developed around it. Her dent is almost gone now. It is not visible, but you can still feel a little indentation above her left ear. Thankfully, Emes and I are both girls and have plenty of hair to hide our deformities.

TWO: Ben’s head is perfectly shaped, but he does have an extra bone in his shoulder. It isn’t really noticeable unless you look at his arms: one of his arms is 4 or 5 inches longer than the other one.

THREE: Ben has some funky good luck charms. If you have read his blog, you know that Ben is quite the sports fan. When he is watching his games, there are certain items that he HONESTLY believes bring his team good luck. For example: Emery and I arrived home from Lindsay’s house this evening to find Ben watching the Jazz game. After the Jazz won, Ben came downstairs to show me the TORTILLA CHIP CRUMB that he had kept embedded in the end of his finger tip for the ENTIRE game. According to Ben, it was because of this lucky crumb that the Jazz beat the Pistons tonight. Also- just so everyone knows, the Giants won the Superbowl this year because Ben had his Lucky Crust of Bread from Emery’s peanut butter sandwich.

FOUR: We are pretty much CHEFS. Last year I won the “Cookie Throwdown” at work. We had a cookie-making contest and I was the champion. I have the trophy to prove it. (I must admit I used Lindsay’s recipe, but either way, I won!) My husband is an AMAZING cook. He is always trying new recipes and they always turn out marvelous. Some of my favorites are his artichoke dip and his homemade spaghetti sauce. He also makes some awesome salsa.

FIVE: Ben and I are cousins. Don’t worry—not first cousins or anything like that, but last year at a Toller Family Home Evening, Ben’s mom was reading some genealogy from the Toller side of the family and we discovered Ben and I are 5th cousins once removed. (or something to that effect.) Crazy huh! This of course raises the question as to whether or not this may be the actual reason why Emery’s head was dented. I guess we will find out when the next baby is born….

SIX: I MUST ALWAYS wear long pajama pants to bed because I can’t stand it when I feel the sides of my knees touching each other. I am not the only freak in the family--Ben often wears TOE SOCKS to bed because he FREAKS out if he feels his toes touching each other. I am not making this up. (For those of you who may not know, toe socks are like gloves for your feet.) For those of you who would like a mental picture, the toe socks have red, purple and yellow stripes and they go up to his knees. It's SEXY!

Almost as sexy as this picture...

SEVEN: Ben and I have known each other for almost seven years now. We met at the Stratford’s house a few months after Ben returned home from his mission. He and Patrick had served together in El Salvador and I just happened to be hanging out with Lindsay one of the nights Ben came over to the Stratford residence to hang out with Pat. Although Ben didn’t know me prior to our first meeting, I knew EXACTLY who he was because I had seen some uhh…interesting pictures that Patrick had sent home to his family from the mission. It appeared that Ben had stolen Pat’s camera and had taken some pictures of himself. Some of the pictures included Ben wearing yellow sweatpants, posing straddling a chair…When I saw those pictures, I remembered thinking, “Who the heck is this kid? What a WEIRDO!” However, meeting “The Weirdo” in person was a much different experience. From the first time I met Ben I was impressed with his hilarious sense of humor, his playful personality (his stunning good looks!) and his soft-heart. I am SO GRATEFUL to now be married to such a wonderful guy. Benj is an incredible husband and daddy and he is my best friend. I LOVE YOU, My Peach!

AND there you go. Now, I would like to tag HOLLIE (again--she has already been tagged by Linds.) and I would also like to tag JENNI.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

how crazy is that, I thought I knew it all and I think I seriously just learned 6 new things about ya'll - wait 5 because I knew about the chef part and Ben's incredible artichoke dip! I didn't know your head is messed up too or that Ben wears toe socks and counts chip crumbs as good luck charms! (I would go nuts with a crumb under my fingernail ps) - - anyways, I like you guys and I am glad that Pat and I were able to bring the two of you together! (never forget how you are eternally indebted to us) Much love!

Hollie said...

ok (A) you probably shouldnt tell people that you and BEN are cousins...i think i just thu up a lil in my mouth. and (B) Who cheats when it comes to cookies?? dont take somones elses glory (im talking about lind-say, if ya didnt catch that) and (C) Your not as funny as you think....write that down!!

Hollie said...

ps. BEn....wow what a stud back in the day!! good thing you got that GREAT personality...hahaha

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Geese you guys are a bunch of weirdos!

Bean said...

Wow honey thank you for revealing all that

JMe said...

Yeah, reading back through this, I realize this was probably too much information to throw out there...I will hold back next time.