Saturday, July 5, 2008

"We had a Great Day"

This weekend we decided kind of spur-of-the-moment that we should go to the zoo. We packed a cooler and set off. It was an EXTREMELY warm day...especially for those of us who are humungously prego, BUT we still had an awesome time. Emery has inherited a major love of animals from Ben. It makes it extra fun to go and walk around the zoo because they both get SoOo excited about all the different animals.

She loved the white alligator and she especially enjoyed the gift shop at the end of the alligator exhibit. She thought it was pretty funny to bite me with the alligator toys.













We rode on the "Conservation Carousel" and got to watch the elephants pick grass with their noses.




Eventually we had to head for home. We didn't get to see all of the animals that Emery (okay, mostly Ben) wanted to see, BUT it was WAY past nap time and we were all pretty wiped out.


We drove home, took a little nap--

and THEN...........


We went swimming at Grandma Toller's neighborhood swimming pool. Emery has turned out to be quite the little fish. Ben had her kicking her legs and "swimming" all over the place. She had TONS of fun and we had to bribe her to get out of the pool when it was time to go.
But, the best part of the day was on our way home from the pool. We were just driving home, rocking out to the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack when we heard Emery's little voice from the backseat say, "Hey guys! We had a GREAT day!" And, we really did. I simply adore my Benji and Emery!

9 comments:

Rachael said...

What a cute little girl...

Ticey said...

Oh my gosh - how cute is Em!! I love that she said that. That just had to make your day. Looks like you had way fun!!!

Lindsay said...

I simply adore all of you Toller's! So fun!

C and C Young said...

Hey Jamie it's Cassi (Craven) Young from Kids Are Music! I found your blog through Stacy's. Your fam is way cute! Our blog is orangecountygrl.blogspot.com so visit when you can!

Stacy said...

What a fun day, i love the zoo, emery has the cutest personality!

Kevin, Amanda & Braxton said...

Looks like you guys had a good time at the zoo and swimming!

The Sayamas said...

How fun! I just realized we haven't really been swimming yet this year. Emery is such a cute little girl, I can't wait to see your little boy! :) How are you holding up being pregnant in the summer? I don't think I will do that again!

Shelece & Josh said...

Your little girl is so cute, and congrats on the baby boy. I'm excited to see pictures of him when he comes!

April and Jared Fenn said...

you guys are cute. We love you guys! Can't wait to meet the new little Tollito when he comes out.